View online now our e-book detailing London's Battle of Britain 75th anniversary commemorations.
13th - 14th July 2013
A weekend of family activities for the Museum's local community which promotes the best that Barnet has to offer in terms of services and businesses. Admission is free daily from 10am with the event finishing each day at 5pm.
Elements that have been confirmed to date for Barnet's Finest so far are as follows:-
For our younger visitors we will be having:
- A Bouncy Castle
- Go Karting
- Fairground Rides
- Climbing Wall
- Bungee Trampoline
- Face Painting
- Barnet Rolling Base featuring Arts and Crafts; DJ Skills; Video Games; Chill Zone & Nail Art
- Hennah Tattoo Artist
- London Fire Brigade Engines
For our older visitors we will have on-site :
- London Fire Brigade - offering help and advice on fire prevention in the home
- The Royal Air Force Museum Marine Craft Restoration Team
- Two 45 minute concerts of music on the Saturday at 12noon and 1:45pm underneath the Museum's Lancaster courtesy of the Barnet Band.
- A 30 minute performance on Sunday by over 200 members of the Tonic Choir at 2.30pm in the Museum's Sunderland Hall
- Plus a selection of local charities and businesses that are able to offer advice on a range of topics including: -
- Debt Counselling - Barnet South Christians against Poverty Debt Counselling Centre
- Care for Seniors in their homes - Home Instead Senior Care
- Advice on Apprenticeships & Foundation Learning - First Rung
- Mental Health Support - The Richmond Fellowship
- Support for Veterans & Families - SSAFA
- Adult & Further Education - Barnet & Southgate College
- Maths & English Learning for children - Explore Learning Finchley
- Performing Arts - Time2shine Productions
- Advice for Families - Home Start Barnet
NB: This Weekend there will be no train services travelling through Colindale Underground Station. For a map and instructions on how to reach us this weekend, please visit the TFL website.
« All Events