View online now our e-book detailing London's Battle of Britain 75th anniversary commemorations.
IN FOCUS: Meet the Curator
18th October 2013
Following on from our previous evenings in April, June and August, we will be holding a fourth evening on Friday 18th October when there will be no barriers, no public, no limits!
Come and listen to our Curator talk about the aircraft in our Milestones of Flight Building and how they have come to be at the Museum, how they are conserved and their individual career history. You will then have time with each machine to take up close and personal photography in the best lighting possible. We will also have people on hand who have personal experience in flying or engineering these aircraft who can answer your probing questions.
This particular event includes the:
- de Havilland Mosquito B35
- BAe Harrier GR3
- Eurofighter Typhoon
- Lockheed Martin Joint Strike Fighter (JSF-1) F-35
- North American P-51D Mustang
Events are limited to 40 people to ensure an intimate experience. The event starts at 7pm and ends at 9.30pm. Tripods are acceptable as is flash photography. We can provide small step ladders to ensure access to cockpits but please be aware that several aircraft in this building are suspended from the roof, thereby giving limited 'up-close' opportunities.
Here's a few quotes from those that attended the previous Photography evenings:
- Well informed staff; highly memorable aircraft. A MUST for anybody with personal experience of the aircraft featured.
- A fantastic opportunity to get up close and personal with iconic aircraft.
- With barriers down and restrictions lifted, this photo opportunity was excellent for both photography and appreciation of the RAF's finest historical aircraft.
- A stimulating and fascinating event.
Ticket prices are:
: £20 per person
/Non-Members £25 per person
for this event
Please note that this event is for over 18s only. Pre-booking is essential as we cannot accept payment on the evening of the event.
« All Events