View online now our e-book detailing London's Battle of Britain 75th anniversary commemorations.
JL Art Courses
26th January 2014
Painting Landscapes and Exquisite Skies
10:30 – 16:00 with a 1 hour break for lunch
Join us at the Royal Air Force Museum in January for a unique 1 day art course – Painting Landscapes and Exquisite Skies. This workshop will be led by artist Josephine Lyons.
Have you ever wanted to capture the sky when flying or seen a sky you love? Every day in different places all over the world there are unique selections of colours and skies to be seen. Join us for this creative course looking at how to capture the sky and different lights in painting.
Pictures of JL Art Courses in Oxford
See how other past painters created wonderful skies from morning light to night time; discussing the works of Peter Doig, Monet, Turner, Constable and Claude Lorrain. Learn more about how to use tones, movement & pressure of brushstrokes, measurements, perspective, and layering to create great paintings. Explore the uses of different materials from acrylics to watercolours.
To book your place please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adults: £60.00 per person
- Members: £55.00 per person
Find out more about becoming a member of the RAF Museum
Suitable for age 16 and over. Please note if the student is under the age of 18 the student must be accompanied by an adult on the course.
Art classes can make a great Christmas present, treat your loved ones to a unique day at the Royal Air Force Museum.Suitable for all levels. All Materials provided.
Places limited to 12.
The aims of the course are to:
- Help anyone who has an interest in the arts to make a great piece of work.
- Provide affordable short courses
- Help create a good platform for groups of new artists to meet
- Help make great Art Accessible for all!
- Create a fun and lively learning environment
- Help build confidence in how to make a work of art
- Help artists engage and access contemporary art discussions
- Help develop knowledge of contemporary art, and art history
- Build on the knowledge of techniques in contemporary art and art history to help develop new insights, and new commentary in new work.
- Help artists at all levels to be inspired, from being a beginner and achieving a first great picture to helping more experienced artists with their professional development
These inspirational art classes aim to help students learn to visualize a new perspective. They also aim to change perception, and the way you see contemporary life, give confidence, be relaxing and ultimately fill your homes with wonderful paintings.
« All Events