Community Event Volunteers
Join our team of Community Event Volunteers and help create fun experiences for the whole family.
Our community events are about fun activities for all ages, engaging people with our collection and the history of the Royal Air Force. They are a mixture of craft activities, handling original and replica objects and uniforms, and sharing and capturing stories.
There are a variety of tasks you will help with.
If you enjoy or want experience of working with people of all ages, public events, running activities, working with others, meeting new people, learning some stories to share, then being a part of this team might be something you would like to do.
Be part of a team that makes things happen.
- work alongside other volunteers and RAF Museum staff, helping to set up and tidy up a variety of activities
- talk to local people in a friendly way and represent the RAF museum in a positive way
- encourage people to join in
- show photographs, objects, clothing to people and talk to them about key features
- help people to do craft activities
- take photographs on the day of people taking part and ask parents to fill in relevant permission forms
- keep a tally of the number of people getting involved in the activities
You will be:
- approachable, friendly and enthusiastic
- hands-on, confident and able to take responsibility
- physically fit, able to be active for long periods of time
- proactive in approaching and welcoming people
- able to build rapport with people
- able to follow instructions carefully
- confident in your own ability and knowledge
- comfortable to work in a busy space, that at times can feel crowded
- comfortable to help and engage with children of all ages, and their families
All training will be given on the day and we will cover:
- Brief for the day
- Health and safety
- Demonstration of the activities
Where applicable: Instructions on the activities and some key facts or stories about the objects will be sent out via email before the event.
Ad hoc – when events are happening.
- Thursday 15th December; 1pm-7pm, Colindale, Grahame Park Estate
All dates are subject to change.
Hours will vary and you can offer your time to suit your schedule.
Travel and food expenses will be reimbursed up to £10 per day, in line with our policy.
How to get involved:
Please download and complete the Expressions of Interest form and send it to email@example.com.
Expression of Interest_Community Event Vols_2016.doc
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Joe Sullivan, Heritage Outreach Officer by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 020 8358 4862.