Airfix Birthday parties for children
Suitable for future pilots age 5 and above this all inclusive package consists of invitations, a Birthday Party Lunch, Goody Bags and Activity Trails for each guest, plus a special gift for the Birthday Boy or Girl, all for £12.50 per child.
In conjunction with Airfix, party guests will also receive a 1:72 scale Spitfire model kit to take and make at home with their family.
Menu - Hot Lunch
Your choice of main course from the menu below:
- Cheese and tomato pizza served with chips
- Chicken goujons, served with chips and beans
- Mini fish and chips, served with garden peas
- Cheese burger and chips
Followed by one of the following puddings:
- Warm chocolate brownie served with vanilla ice cream
- Chocolate cookie sandwich with vanilla ice cream
- 2 scoops of Marshfield ice cream (vanilla, strawberry or chocolate)
Lunch also includes jugs of orange and blackcurrant squash, complimentary banners and balloons at a reserved table. Catering provided is solely for children attending the party, meals for adults can be organised on request.
Final numbers and dietary requirements required 7 days prior to your visit. This menu is only available if booked in advance.
- Arrival at the Museum, pick up activity trails and goody bags from Admissions Desk.
- Completion of activity trails in Test Flight and Warplanes Hangars.
- Free time in Fun 'n' Flight area. Flight Simulator or 4D Experience rides if already booked in advance.
- Completion of activity trails in the National Cold War Exhibition and Hangar 1.
- Lunch in the Refuel Restaurant at time of your choice. Please indicate this on the Birthday Party Booking Form (Allow 1 Hour).
- Guests sing 'Happy Birthday', followed by Birthday Cake cutting (if supplied), before departing the Museum.
- The cost is £12.50 per child.
- A £25 deposit is required at the time of booking. This can be paid using your credit/debit card, by cash or cheque made payable to Royal Air Force Museum Enterprises Ltd. The remaining amount should be paid on the day.
- Package for children aged 5 years and above.
- Please note this is a self guided party.
- Activity trails, pencils and goody bags will be left at the Admissions Desk in the Visitor Centre.
- Children must be accompanied by adults at all times.
- The reserved party area will be decorated with complimentary banners and balloons.
- Please note, apart from a birthday cake, no additional food is allowed in the restaurant.
- Storage for the birthday cake can be provided.
- Take off in our flight simulator for only £2.00 per child (normal price £2.99). Minimum height requirement of 1.07 metres applies.
- The 4D Experience offers 3D animated visuals with dynamic seat movements and additional special effects. There are a number of rides to choose from for £4.00 per child.
- We are unable to take party bookings on busy event days or Bank Holiday weekends. Please check dates with the Museum before booking.