Feathers and Flight Trail
3 - 15 April 2018
‘Feathers and Flight’ is the theme to this year’s Easter break activities taking place at the Royal Air Force Museum CosfordFeathers and Flight Trail Date:
3 - 15 April 2018 Time:
10.00am - 5.00pm Cost:
Running for the duration of the Easter school break will be the fact finding ‘Feathers and Flight’ trail. Families will need to be eagle-eyed as they pass through the hangars this when they go in search of the answers to six tricky aircraft and bird themed questions.
Nestled in amongst the aircraft on display will be the answers to each of their trail questions which highlight the close relationship between aircraft design and birds.
Look out for the ‘Feathers and Flight’ boards and jot down the answers on your trail sheet - once complete, why not enter our Facebook competition by colouring in the RAF badge on the reverse (which also features an Eagle), cut it out to create a badge and share a photo on our page to be in with a chance of winning a £20 gift voucher to spend in the RAF Museum Shop**. So, if you have any eagle-eyed youngsters in your family and want to take part, all you need to do is pick up your trail sheet from the Visitor Centre on arrival for just £1.00.
Eagles at Easter
Date: Thursday 5 and Thursday 12 April
Time: 10.00am - 4.00pm / Flying Display 2.00pm
On Thursday 5 and 12 April, the Museum will have some feathered friends flying in to meet with visitors. An array of birds of prey including Hawks, Buzzards, Falcons, Owls and a Bald Eagle, along with their handlers will be on site all day to meet with visitors.
The pop-up falconry will be positioned outside the Test Flight hangar where visitors can get up close to the birds and learn more about their incredible capabilities, their daily routines and special diets as well as some of their quirky likes and dislikes, including one bird’s dislike of the colour yellow!
At 2.00pm there will be a fantastic flying display taking place, where the true beauty of the birds will come to life.
Being so close to an active airfield, the birds will be on training lines for the display which will last approximately 45 minutes - guaranteed to be a highlight of the day and not to be missed! Plus, viewing the display and meeting the birds is completely FREE!
**Terms and Conditions:
1) The Feathers and Flight trail runs from 3-15 April 2018. Entries received after this time will not be entered into the draw.
2) The winner will be picked at random on Monday 16 April 2018 by the Public Events Manager, RAF Museum Cosford.
3) The winner will be informed via Direct Message on Facebook of their success by Thursday 26 April 2018.
4)In order to ensure that the competition is deemed to be fair by entering this competition, the winner agrees that their name and town of residence will be published on the museum's website and will be used in any subsequent publicity.
5) The winner’s names will be posted on the museum Facebook Pages.
6) The prize will consist of 1 X £20 Gift Voucher to spend in the RAF Museum Shop. No cash alternatives available.
7) Judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8) The competition is not open to Staff of the Royal Air Force Museum, Royal Air Force Museum Enterprises Ltd and staff of Kudos, or their family or friends.
« All Events