Photography Night Shoot
19 November 2021
5.00pm – 9.00pm
£45.00 per person
The RAF Museum London will be teaming up with Threshold Aero to offer an exclusive evening shoot with our fantastic collection of First World War Aircraft.
One of our aircraft and a vehicle will be coming out of their Hangar to be photographed, like never before. Our Albatros, R.E.8. and Crossley Tender will sit proudly outside the Hangar doors of the Grahame White Factory for this unique photographic opportunity. The backdrop for your photographs will be the historic Hangar doors of the Hangar which dates to 1912.
Each aircraft will be lit up with professional LED lighting with Auto White Balance. This will give you the opportunity to capture shots of the aircraft in their Museum setting, showcased like never before and without the public in your shots. Our small team of Living History volunteers will be posing for special shots that will make your photos come to life.
Other aircraft inside the Hangar will be lit with LED lighting and have the barriers removed (where possible) for shots in their Museum setting, but without visiting public.
The Night Shoot will start at 5.30pm, following a short safety briefing to ensure that you get the most out of the experience.
The event is suitable for all abilities, you don’t need to be a professional photographer to enjoy the event. A team from Threshold Aero will be on hand throughout the evening to provide assistance and guidance if required. Please read our full terms and conditions before booking, this event is highly dependant on weather conditions due to the delicate nature of the aircraft*.
- Albatros D.Va Replica (positioned outside)
- Royal Aircraft Factory R.E.8. (positioned outside)
- Crossley Tender (Vehicle positioned outside)
- There will be aircraft inside H2 lit for photography, more details to follow
Arrival – 5.00pm
Briefing – 5.20pm
Shooting starts – 5.30pm
Event closes – 9.00pm
- Only ticket holders will be able to gain access to the event and site during the event
- The event is for 16 and overs only
- All ticket holders must attend the safety briefing before the event, you will not be able to participate in the shoot without attending the briefing
- We suggest you bring the following:
- Lenses 24mm to 80mm
- Remote shutter release
- Memory cards
- Spare battery
- Do not bring any flashguns – these are not required
- All ticket holders must wear a hi-viz, these are not provided, please bring this with you. You will not be able to participate in the shoot without wearing a hi-vis
- Parking will be free for those attending the event
Food and Drink:
You can now book a hot meal in advance with your ticket. You can choose from a soft or alcoholic drink with your meal when you purchase your ticket. Hot food is only available when booked in advance and the food will be served between 4.00pm and 6.00pm.
The options available to pre-order are:
- Beef Burger and chips
- Vegan Burger and chips (vg)
- Chicken and mushroom pie, mashed potatoes & winter greens
- Sweet potato, spinach and goats cheese pie, mashed potatoes & winter greens (v)
Ticket + meal and soft drink: £55.00
Ticket + meal and alcoholic drink: £57.00
Refreshments, light food and sandwiches will be available to purchase on the night until 8.00pm. There will be tea and filter coffee available all evening and included in your ticket, you can collect this from inside the Hendon Kitchen.
The Museum is open until 5.00pm, after this time only H2 and the Hendon Kitchen will remain open. Unfortunately, we are unable to open any of the other Hangars.
Due to the delicate nature of the First World War aircraft the Museum has to evaluate the weather in the run up to the event and decide if it is safe to bring the aircraft outside. The Events team will keep all ticket holders up to date, if there is rain or high winds the event will be postponed.
We will make ticket holders aware as soon as we are able, but please note that this could happen on the day of the event if the weather changes suddenly.
Please bear this in mind when booking tickets and travel arrangements. The Museum will not be liable for travel arrangements made. If the event is postponed you will be given the option to move your ticket to the new date or get a full refund.
This event will take place outside, but we ask that you are mindful of social distancing throughout the evening. We strongly recommend that all our visitors wear a face mask in our buildings, unless you are exempt from doing so.