The Vulcan and Cold War Experience
30 January - 27 November 2018
This is your rare chance to explore some of the most significant Cold War aircraft in our collection!
Our Vulcan, Phantom and Lightning are three of the Cold War’s most iconic aircraft. Between, them they tell a story of uncertainty and tension that loomed over the world for decades. Vulcan and Cold War ticket holders have special access to these mighty warriors:
- The cockpit of the Avro Vulcan B.2
- The pilot’s seat of the McDonnell Douglas Phantom FGR.2
- A ground crew tour of the BAC Lightning F.6.
The Vulcan and Cold War Experience runs the last Tuesday of every month at the RAF Museum London. Time slots are available from 10.20am to 12.20am on these days, it is one person per session:
- 30 January
- 27 February
- 27 March
- 24 April
- 29 May
- 26 June
- 24 July
- 28 August
- 25 September
- 30 October
- 27 November
Please arrive at Museum Reception five minutes before your chosen time and head straight to the Vulcan. Our team of Aircraft Access Volunteers will take you through your experience. Each session will last between 45 minutes and an hour. Please ensure you have read our access terms and conditions below before your visit.
Access Terms & Conditions for The Vulcan and Cold War Experience:
- For the Vulcan you must be physically fit to climb two ladders, pulling your body weight up them. There is a narrow gap between the pilots seat which some visitors may not be able to access.
- The Phantom requires you to climb a number of steps and to climb over the side of the aircraft; you must be able to support your own body weight when climbing in and out.
- You must be over the age of 16 to purchase a ticket and access the cockpits.
- Please wear trousers or shorts. Skirts and dresses may prevent or restrict access.
- Please wear flat shoes with a good grip on them. Please note: we cannot allow the public access without appropriate footwear.
- You may take pictures once inside the cockpits – please come with a camera that can be zipped into a pocket or a camera with a strap.
- If your Aircraft Access Volunteer feels it is not safe or possible for you to access the cockpits of either the Phantom or the Vulcan then we reserve the right to refuse access.
- Please arrive for your access slot on time, if you are running late and miss your booked time then the Museum reserves the right to refuse access.
- The Museum does not offer refunds for missed bookings or 'no shows'
By purchasing a ticket for Vulcan and Cold War Experience you are agreeing to adhere to the Museum's terms and conditions as above.
For more information about the Cold War Experience or if you have any questions please email us at email@example.com
« All Events