Get Ready to Scramble for Easter Family Fun
Published on: 26 March 2019
The Easter Bunny’s animal friends have been let loose at our London site and Museum staff need your help to find them. They have a sneaky suspicion the animals have gone in search of their aircraft and vehicle counterparts and are now hidden amongst the collection. With twelve animals to find across six huge hangars packed full of aircraft, it’s no easy task and will require lots of eagle eyed youngsters to help!
To assist with the search, which takes place from 8-22 April 2019, the Museum has produced Animal Easter Trail sheets with a list of all the missing animals, so you can keep track of who you find hiding in the hangars. Coincidently, the missing animals all share the name of items from the collection….could this be a good place to start the search?
There is a delicious chocolatey reward waiting for every child who successfully manages to track down all the missing animals and an ‘I’ve completed the trail’ sticker. Plus, you could be in with a chance of winning an eggs-clusive RAF Museum family eggs-perience, just look out for the lucky roundel on your chocolate egg.
Some of the prizes up for grabs include; a 4D Experience family pass, a Dambusters Experience pass for four, an Afternoon Cream Tea for six, Outdoor Cinema tickets for the whole family and a top prize worth £300 for a family of up to six people to experience a VIP day out at the Museum.
To join in the search, families can purchase their Animal Easter Trail from underneath our Sunderland Flying Boat in Hangar 1 on arrival for just £3 per person, which includes your chocolate reward and sticker.
The trail is suitable for children of all ages, but younger children may require some assistance. Trails can be purchased between 10.00am and 2.30pm and families have until 3.15pm to complete the trail and collect their chocolatey reward from underneath our Sunderland Flying Boat.
Before you head home, why not pose for a photo with one of the giant egg selfie boards as a fun memento of the day. Each participant will also get a 10% discount in the Museum shop on the day of their visit by showing their trail sheet or ‘I’ve completed the trail’ sticker when making a purchase from the Museum Shop.
Bonus Prize Winners:
- 8 April 2019: Lys Lambeth, from London who won a free entry for four people into our Spitfire Family Run which is taking place on 1 September
- 9 April 2019: Rylan from Barnet who won a pass for 4 people to enjoy a free ride in our 4D Theatre.
- 10 April 2019: Akshay Patel from London who won an Afternoon Cream Tea for 6 people in Claude’s, our Restaurant.
- 11 April 2019: Ben Shaw from St. Albans who won a £50 voucher to spend in our London shop
- 12 April 2019: Moiz Jafferji from London who won a Spitfire Experience Family Pass for up to 6 people
- 13 April 2019: Michael Hawthorne from London who won an Immersive Histories Dambusters Virtual Reality Experience for up to 4 people
- 14 April 2019: Harrison Emberton from Northampton who won a Susie The Bulldog Toy
- 15 April 2019: Josephine Beaven of London, who won a Birthday Party on us for herself and up to 11 of her friends worth £200
- 16 April 2019: Ekaterina Chan, who won a Museum Family Membership for two adults and up to three children worth £70
- 17 April 2019: Edrian Daniel Samiento who won a free entry for four people into our Spitfire Family Run which will be taking place on 1 September
- 18 April 2019: Campbell Haltfield of London who won a free entry for four people into our Spitfire Family Run which is taking place on 1 September.
- 19 April 2019: Charlie Jones from London who won an Immersive Histories Dambusters Virtual Reality Experience for up to 4 people
- 20 April 2019: Sophie Johns from London who won a VIP Day at our London site worth £300 inclusive of a Spitfire Experience, Afternoon Cream Tea, Simulator Ride, and Immersive Histories: Dambusters VR experience for six, plus £100 to spend in our London shop
- 21 April 2019: Khayra Noor Asia from Hendon who won Open Air Cinema tickets for up to two adults and four children
- 22 April 2019: Alfie McMurdo from Wendover who won Open Air Cinema Tickets for up to two adults and four children