Plan your visit, see when the RAF Museum Cosford is open. Contact us on 01902 376 200 or email@example.com
How to find us and travel to the RAF Museum Cosford by car, train, bus or bike.
Enjoy lunch in Refuel with views overlooking the airfield. The Cold War Cafe in the National Cold War Exhibition is ideal for morning coffee and a cake.
The Royal Air Force Museum Shop has a gift for everyone from pocket money toys to specialist aviation gifts.
A car parking charge Is payable
See what events are scheduled at Cosford
Find out the latest news and updates for our Cosford site
Summer Time Advanced Aerospace Residency
Plan a day, see the opening hours & closure dates for RAF Museum London. Contact us on 020 8205 2266 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How to find us and travel to the RAF Museum London by car, train, bus or bike.
Discover our brand new green space in which to picnic and relax
Explore our brand new outdoor playground
We now have six charging points for electric vehicles
When you need to refuel during your visit why not visit Claude's between Hangars 2 and 6? At this eatery you will find a variety of delicious home-made offerings to suit all tastes and pockets
Step back into time and onto Lancaster Bomber 'G for George' to witness this iconic campaign
Sit in our Mk16 Spitfire and receive a tour of its cockpit or try out our new virtual reality experience and pilot your own Spitfire. Charges apply.
Specially created for visitors 3 - 8 by our Access and Learning Team
See what events are planned at our London site
Read the latest news from our London Museum
Want to know more about how to leave a Legacy to the RAF Museum?
Interested in sponsorship opportunities?
Want to become a Patron?
Find out more about our American Foundation?
Get more from the Museum and be part of the RAF Story
Join the RAF Museum as a volunteer and create a unique experience for yourself and our visitors. Bring your enthusiasm, knowledge and skills or try something new.
A little information about what you can expect from us and what we ask of our volunteers.
Find out about our recruitment process, what you gain and who our volunteering is for (everyone!)
If you have any questions about supporting the RAF Museum, here you can find out how to contact our Fundraising Department.
air transport auxiliary,women,ATA,
1. The collections are available for reference purposes only.
2. The Reading Room is normally open to researchers on Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-4pm.
3. Appointments to use the Reading Room should be made in advance. To avoid a wasted journey, readers should describe their requirements in detail when making appointments, in case the Museum is unable to help. Advance requests to view items can be made – this is limited to 20.
4. Briefcases and other bags must be left in the lockers provided. Readers who need to bring in their own books, documents, photographs etc. must declare them to a member of staff on arrival, to avoid confusion; the Museum reserves the right to search visitors' papers at any time.
5. Readers will be issued with a special badge, which must be worn at all times and returned to Reception on departure.
6. Although readers need not be escorted to and from the Reading Room, they should notify a member of staff before leaving the room for any purpose.
7. Readers may use the indexes and microfilms provided in the Reading Room; the member of staff on duty will undertake searches of the electronic catalogue.
8. Entry to the storage areas and office is limited to Museum staff only.
9. Requests for documents during the visit can be made, on the relevant form, before 12.00 or after 14.00. Last orders are accepted at 15.30.
10. Readers may consult no more than three items or one file of papers at a time. Items that are closed to the public will not be produced for researchers without the permission of the appropriate authority.
11. Documents which are in a fragile condition or which have not yet been catalogued will only be produced for readers with the agreement of the Archive, Library and Research Manager.
12. Documents must not be taken out of the Reading Room without permission.
13. Readers must sign a copyright declaration before items in copyright can be copied.
14. Photocopying of material is available at the staff's discretion and is subject to a charge. "While you wait" copying depends on staff availability, and a limit on the number of items to be copied may be necessary.
15. Staff will not make copies which breach Copyright regulations, or where copying is likely to damage the original document. Permission must be sought from the copyright holder before any item is reproduced for commercial purposes.
16. Readers may use cameras to copy material that is Crown Copyright, designated as Public Records, copyright is held by the Museum or within the limit allowed by Copyright legislation. There is a charge for camera use.
17. Please consult a member of staff before using a camera. The use of tripods and/or flash is not permitted, and any audio signal emitted by the camera must be turned off. The use of scanners is not permitted.
18. Smoking, eating and drinking within the Reading Room are strictly prohibited. Mobile telephones should not be used in the Reading Room.
19. Notes should only be made in pencil, but researchers may use equipment to make notes, provided this does not interfere with other researchers. Documents or Departmental equipment must not deliberately or carelessly be marked, defaced or damaged- the Museum will seek compensation from those responsible for any such damage.
20. Researchers who fail to observe the above conditions may be asked to leave the Reading Room and may be denied access in the future.
Learn about aviation pioneers at our London site
The Royal Air Force Museum London offers a fun, enthralling...
For all the latest news and events
A world class collection for our visitors to enjoy
Plan your next visit to Cosford
Collecting stories throughout the world
Make a difference through a donation
For group bookings (10 or more persons) or to book...
In addition to our world renowned collection of aircraft,...
We look forward to welcoming your group visit to Cosford.
Learn the story of Cold War personalities at Cosford
Bringing the amazing stories of the RAF Museum's historic...
Great aviation gift ideas for all the family
Jam packed full of aviation gifts galore
Hold your next event at a unique venue!
And into the archives with our latest blog posts
Fascinating workshops to inspire the next generation
Discover the RAF’s unique story
Whether you are looking for a business meeting for...