Design Workshop Volunteer
Join our creative workshops, help us to tell stories of Historic Hendon and make our storytelling more accessible!
Listen to our audio advert here to find out more about this volunteering opportunity or read below.
We are telling the story of the Hendon aerodrome and associated area in the Historic Hendon project, as part of the RAF Museum Centenary project and redesign of our site.Join local people in workshops led by our expert designers, Aberrant Architecture, to identify stories and develop ideas that will result in how the local Hendon story is told in the Museum. Bring your knowledge and experience as a blind or partially sighted person to influence how we tell these stories, helping us to create accessible content.
- Work as part of a team
- Discuss ideas and suggestions
- Contribute useful information and thoughts that other participants may not consider
- Work to a brief and schedule
You will be:
- Interested in local history
- Confident in sharing your opinion and ideas
- Happy to work in teams
- Able to use initiative where appropriate
- Have good oral communication skills
Introduction session for this project will take place on Tuesday 30th May and will cover:
- Introduction to good and bad practice for exhibitions and interpretation
- an accessible tour of the RAF Museum
- Design considerations for tactile, human and audio interpretation
You will also receive a Health and safety briefing, which will include Fire and Emergency Evacuation and First Aid procedures.
At least two days out of the following five (two workshops per day):
- Wednesday 31st May
- Saturday 3rd June
- Tuesday 6th June
- Friday 9th June
- Friday 10th June
10.00am to 4.00pm
Travel and food expenses will be reimbursed up to £10 per day, in line with our policy.
How to get involved:
Complete the Expressions of Interest form and send it to Rachel Ball, Volunteering Manager by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8358 4828.
Expression of Interest – Design Workshop (Visually Impaired).doc
Please express your interest in this role by 26th May 2017.
We welcome applications from people of all interests, abilities, backgrounds and communities.