“An exciting, educational and fun experience for all the family”
A wonderful day out and for free. Even if they were charging it would be worth a visit to see this collection, there are some wonderful machines here. There is something for everyone if your into aviation no matter what age you are.
Couldn’t believe just how much there was to see, especially as you only pay for parking! A great day out and one of the very best places I’ve visited in the country, value for money! Mostly indoors so perfect rain or shine for all the family!
Interesting morning out. Kept our 2 year old grand daughter interested with the large selection of planes - many indoors so perfect for a winter day. Café also serves really tasty food and the play area is great for toddlers.
A great educational day out
Explore real-life RAF aircraft and artefacts
The Royal Air Force Museum Midlands is a great family day out – whatever the weather.
Explore our spacious indoor hangars and enjoy learning about flying machines with your kids. Each aircraft and object in the collection at Cosford is special in its own way.
Visit the National Cold War Exhibition and get the ‘wow’ factor with its eye-catching architecture and design. Discover Cold War stories in immersive hotspots and view our thrilling displays of aircraft, iconic cars, models and tanks. Come and marvel at the world’s oldest Spitfire and several other classic aircraft in our War in the Air Hangar.
We are open 10.00am to 5.00pm and admission is free, a cheap day out for the family. Book your tickets in advance.
See the RAF’s most famous helicopter
40 years ago, in 1982, Argentina seized control of the Falkland Islands, a British territory in the south Atlantic Ocean. The RAF was mobilised as part of the UK’s efforts to liberate the Islands.
The Chinook ‘Bravo November’ played a vital role in British military operations during the Falklands campaign. She became a Falklands legend and the RAF's most famous helicopter. On the 2nd April, she went on public display for the first time.
You and your family will be able to see her alongside other Falklands artefacts including the Harrier GR3 and the ‘Black Buck’ Vulcan B2.
Top things to do with kids
Keeping the family entertained
We have many indoor and outdoor children's activities for you to experience:
1. Explore the hangars, visit Falklands legend Chinook Bravo November and learn about the Falklands story
2. Book one of our tours
3. Join the world famous aerobatic display team the Red Arrows in our 4D Theatre
4. Jump in our simulator and experience all the thrills of flying in a RAF Eurofighter Typhoon
5. Visit our virtual reality zone and go 10,000 feet in the air in one of the most iconic cockpits in history, a Spitfire
6. Let your children have hours of fun in our themed outdoor playground
7. Get the family together and have a picnic in our spacious grounds
Fun things to do
Outdoor adventurous play
Our new, cool and themed outdoor playground is designed for families with kids of all ages to enjoy hours of outdoor fun. Relax and watch as they run around, climb over the mini hangar and slide down the mock Victor aircraft.
Get ready for take-off.
Encounter all the thrills and exhilaration of flying!
We have three amazing virtual experiences that the whole family can enjoy:
1. Experience all the thrills and exhilaration of flying over the beautiful Lake District in a RAF Eurofighter Typhoon flight simulator
2. Soar amongst the clouds and join the world famous aerobatic display team the Red Arrows in our 4D Theatre
3. Put on the VR goggles for our Spitfire 360° virtual reality experience to go 10,000 feet in the air in one of the most iconic cockpits in history
Pre-book your ticket at a small additional cost to secure your desired experience. Single and family tickets available.
Frequently asked questions
You will need to pre-book your tickets, click on the "Book Tickets" button found at the top of this page. Booking your arrival time helps us to guarantee you the space you need for a safe and enjoyable experience. You will be emailed an order confirmation that will include your unique Booking Reference Number and a barcode that also contains this number.