This accessibility statement applies to the rafmuseum.org.uk website
This website is run by the RAF Museum. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you able to:
- Change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- Zoom in up to 200% without the text spilling off the screen
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver).
We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We are working to improve the accessibility of all our website, but we know some parts of this website are not yet fully accessible.
In particular, we know that you may find
- Focus is not clear and therefore users are unable to close cookie box.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format such as accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- Email email@example.com
- Call +44 20 8205 2266
- Write to Royal Air Force Museum London, Grahame Park Way, London, NW9 5LL
We will consider your request and get back to you in 20 days but will be able to respond more quickly in most cases.
If you cannot view the map on our ‘contact us’ page, call or email us https://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/contact-us/ for directions.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we are not meeting accessibility requirements, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you are not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Visiting us in person
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
The RAF Museum is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Content that is not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services. For example, we do not plan to fix historic Financial Statements of Accounts, however future documents will be produced in an accessible format
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This website was tested in September 2019 by Itineris. We also use Siteimprove and Monsido to regularly check accessibility.
For each URL, two kinds of test were applied:
- Accessibility: PhantomJS runs and HTML_CodeSniffer to check the page conformance, this step is automated by the help of pa11y, which is a thin layer of code wrapping PhantomJS and HTML_CodeSniffer
- HTML: The Nu HTML Checker (v.nu) is run on the same URL
- Results from the different tools were normalised and aggregated into a single report
Itineris performed critical path testing on the five pages listed below in addition to a global audit
- Support Us
This statement was prepared on 2 Feb 2021 It was last reviewed on 24 August 2021.