|Serial No:||01 CC 38|
|Location:||National Cold War Exhibition|
The Saladin had a protracted development before going into production in 1958. It entered service a year later and served in all parts of the world. In many politically sensitive colonial situations, its heavy gun allowed it to provide effective support as a ‘wheeled tank’ where a fully tracked vehicle would have been difficult to justify.