Photography Night Shoot
26 November - 27 November 2021
Lights, Camera, Take-off…to the RAF Museum Night Shoot!
An event for aviation enthusiasts and photographers (amateurs and professionals) alike – with exclusive after-hours access to the Museum’s grounds, perfect to photograph iconic aircraft in changing light as the sun sets and on into the evening.
Don’t miss the opportunity to capture the special atmosphere as we display aircraft outside our hangars – lit by LED lights and with a unique backdrop. You don’t need to be a professional photographer to enjoy the Night Shoot, it’s suitable for all abilities and a team of professional aviation photographers, museum staff and volunteers will be on hand throughout the evening to provide assistance.
Following the success of previous events, we are teaming up with Threshold Aero once again. They are a team of aviation photographers who run night photography shoots and are supporting the Royal Air Force Museum Charity sharing the inspiring story of the RAF.
The Refuel Café in the Visitor Centre will be open until 9.00pm serving hot and cold drinks and light refreshments. They will also be serving Fish and Chips and Cheese and Onion Pie for take away. Pre-order your food when you buy your tickets and you will receive a complimentary hot drink.
Are you new to photography or would like to brush up your skills? Why not attend our Night Shoot for Beginners workshop
£40.00 per person (parking fee included), the event is suitable for over 16s. By purchasing tickets to our event, you enable the RAF Museum, a registered Charity, to continue to tell the inspiring stories of RAF personnel.
Aircraft available (list is subject to change)
- Saunders-Roe SR 53*
- Hawker Siddeley Dominie T.Mk.1
- BAe Experimental Aircraft Programme (EAP)*
- SEPECAT Jaguar ACT Demonstrator*
- Vickers VC10
SR53 and SEPECAT Jaguar ACT Demonstrator will be displayed between Test Flight Hangar and the National Cold War Exhibition.
* Outside display weather dependant
- Arrival – From 4.00pm
- Briefing – 5.20pm
- Shooting starts – 5.30pm
- Event closes – 9.00pm
- Lenses up to 200mm
- Remote shutter release
- Memory cards
- Spare battery
- Do not bring any flashguns – these are not required
Please also bring:
- A hi-vis vest or jacket – you will not be able to participate without wearing a hi-vis
- Suitable clothing and footwear, including clothing for wet weather, along with suitable protective gear for shooting in the rain
- The event will still go ahead in wet weather. If the weather is deemed to be unsuitable, we will communicate this decision via email and will offer an alternative date.
- The Visitor Centre will remain open throughout the event for access to the toilets
- Hot food service for take away in the Refuel Café from 6.00pm – 8.00pm. £10.00 per meal + complimentary hot drink if pre-booked.
- The aircraft (excluding the SEPECAT Jaguar ACT Demonstrator, SR53 and EAP) will be in their usual Museum setting.
- Only ticket holders will be able to gain access to the event and site during the event.
- The event is for participants aged 16 and over only.
- All ticket holders must attend the safety briefing before the event, you will not be able to participate in the shoot without attending the briefing.
- The Museum will be open to the public from 10.00am – 5.00pm, you cannot access any of our Hangars after 4.00pm.
- Opening times for the Shop in the Cold War Hangar: 10.00am – 5.15pm.
- Opening times for the Refuel Café (in the Visitor Centre) are 10.00am – 9.00pm.
The event will be run in line with the latest advice from the Government and Public Health Bodies. A number of precautions will be in place to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our visitors, volunteers and staff. These measures* include but are not limited to:
- Controlled the capacity for each event to limit the number of participants so that physical distancing can be observed
- A Covid-19 cleaning programme throughout the site to control the likelihood of cross contamination.
- Installation of hand sanitiser points throughout to the Museum in addition to the available hand washing facilities in toilets.
- Additional members of staff, social distancing markers, queue management sys-tems and or/ barriers to control the number of individuals in any area at all times.
- Closed off areas or routes which we cannot effectively control
- The event will take place outdoors with controlled access to indoor areas for toi-let facilities gift shop and café.
- Limiting the number of participants in any one area at all times.
- Working with Threshold Aero who are a Covid Secure supplier, more details can be found on their website: www.threshold.aero
- Please note: Depending on the latest guidance at the time of the event internal aircraft access may not be possible.
* Measures may be subject to change