- Plan your day
- Things to see and do
- What’s going on?
- Group visits
- Onsite and online workshops
- Self-guided visits
- School Booking Form
- School Resources
- Literacy and Numeracy Boosters
- Family Resources
- Little Swifts
- Special Events for Schools
- Home Education
- Venue hire
- Conference and exhibition
- Evening receptions and dining
- Filming and photography
- Day delegate rates
- Hire charges
- Room capacities
- Catering and suppliers
- Service quality
- Corporate event enquiry
- Our Local Community
Special Events for Schools
FREE Online Christmas fun from the RAF Museum
Percy the Parachuting Penguin’s Christmas (Reception and KS1)
Father Christmas is having trouble delivering his last set of presents! Can the RAF and Percy the Parachuting Penguin come to the rescue?
Enjoy our illustrated festive story which is perfect for Reception and Key Stage 1.
Merry Quizmas! – A Festive Quiz for KS2
Join us for a fun and festive quiz set against the backdrop of the RAF Museum’s amazing aircraft collection. Find Santa among the aeroplanes, work out how many mince pies can fit in a Hercules cargo aeroplane and test your memory skills, all while learning interesting snippets of RAF history and STEM facts along the way.
What you need to know:
- Available from Monday 13 December through to Friday 17 December 2021
- Duration: Key Stage 1: Approx. 15 minutes / Key Stage 2: Approx. 30 minutes
- Choose which date you want and you can access the KS1 story and / or the KS2 quiz as many times as you want and at whatever time is convenient to you throughout that day
- We will send the link out the day before so that teachers have a chance to preview the content
- Delivered online, using Vimeo. In advance of the date, please make sure that Vimeo isn’t blocked by your school. Vimeo helps us guarantee video and audio quality
- No limit on numbers; as many classes as you want can join. You just need one computer and screen per classroom (no need for camera or microphone)
- We have responded to teacher feedback from last year, and both the KS1 story and the KS2 quiz feature real aircraft from our collection
- KS1 - We responded to teacher feedback from last year about how the children would have liked to see pictures from the story, and have illustrated our special Christmas story
- KS2 – Children will require paper and pens / pencils. Once your booking is confirmed, we will send you the answers to the quiz questions so that you have these to refer back to
How to request access to these pre-recorded, interactive videos? (filmed as if presented live)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details, school name and postcode, whether you want access to KS1, KS2 or both, the date you want to view, and how many students and adults will be watching.
We look forward to sharing our collections, our stories, and our genuine enthusiasm for all things Christmassy with you and your class!
RAF Satellite Challenge
The RAF Museum London is proud to be hosting the free RAF Satellite Challenge sponsored by RAF Youth and STEM.
This exciting day involves school groups coming to the RAF Museum to explore the science behind satellites. They devise their own solutions to help bring a satellite safely back to Earth from space. Classes compete in small groups to design and build satellite solutions to protect from the heat of re-entry, slow a satellite down through the air, and bring it to a safe landing.
Heat and Temperature
Forces and Air Resistance
All activities are hands-on and involve teamwork and problem solving.
Please note that the RAF Satellite Challenge is open to state schools only.
RAF Year 6 STEM Day
The RAF Museum London is proud to be hosting our free Year 6 STEM Days sponsored by RAF Youth and STEM. This is an exciting day that will get your students taking part in some great STEM activities and exploring our incredible museum.
All activities are hands-on and encourage teamwork and problem solving, as well as exploring STEM topics in an immersive environment.
Activities for our previous STEM Days have included:
Wing Building Challenge – Your students will work in teams to construct an aeroplane wing using only rigid newspaper sticks from our stixx machines and cable ties. They will then go through a rigorous strength test to see which team can build the strongest wing.
Morse Coding – Using BBC Microbits, your students will make code for digital devices that will transmit and receive Morse Code messages.
RAF Museum Hunt – Explore our amazing museum to search for answers in our STEM-based RAF Museum treasure hunt.
On each day we welcome three schools with a maximum of 30 places available per school. Dates will be released with a set application period followed by a random draw to select our attending schools. Please note that the free Year 6 STEM Day is open to state schools only.
If you would be interested in attending a future event then you can sign up to our email newsletter and mailing list by sending an email to email@example.com