- Plan your day
- Things to see and do
- What’s going on?
- Group visits
- Onsite and online workshops
- Self-guided visits
- School Booking Form
- School Resources
- Literacy and Numeracy Boosters
- Special Events for Schools
- Home Education
- Venue hire
- Conference and exhibition
- Evening receptions and dining
- Filming and photography
- Day delegate rates
- Hire charges
- Room capacities
- Catering and suppliers
- Service quality
- Corporate event enquiry
- Our Local Community
Ideal for young aviators our free outdoor playground will provide them with hours of fun.
Here they will find mini-models of iconic aircraft including the legendary Vickers Vimy, famous Spitfire and powerful Sea-King helicopter. We even have a mini-version of the historic Grahame-White building, that they can clamber over just by the actual gallery. Each item has been specifically designed to fire their imaginations and aid their sense of exploration.
- The Grahame-White Watchtower: features a climb wall, slide, side pole and climb net together with ladders and a balcony, plus 3 floors with tube netting that take you up into the Watchtower
- Our Vickers Vimy features a climbnet, plus space to climb through the wings to sit in the cockpit, plus slide poles and ladders
- Take off in our Tornado which has a double slide
- Sit in one of two cockpits in our mini Spitfire and become either the pilot or a VIP passenger
- Climb through the wheels of our Road Roller
- Specially created for toddlers our Tug Vehicle and Trailer features and double steering wheel and ramp trailer, all at a low height
- Our Sea-King Helicopter features a climbing net, peg climb, parachute slide pole and tube net
- Our Airfield Tractor with Fuel Bowser features a sit in cab with steering wheel and a climb through fuel bowser tunnel
- Sit inside our Nissen Hut with openings at both ends and seating inside
- All pathways are made of a rubber play surface and all grassed areas incorporate safety matting through which it grows
The playground is regularly cleaned by our ground crew. But we would ask that parents help keep it safe by wiping down the equipment after each use.
And by ensuring that your little pilots:
- Do not cross into other pilots’ airspace
- Clean their hands after their adventure
- Cough or sneeze into their arm, if a tissue is not available
- Place any rubbish in the bins provided
Play Safe, Stay Safe.