- Plan your day
- Things to see and do
- What’s going on?
- Group visits
- Onsite and online workshops
- Self-guided visits
- School Booking Form
- School Resources
- Literacy and Numeracy Boosters
- Family Resources
- Little Swifts
- Special Events
- Home Education
- Venue hire
- Conference and exhibition
- Evening receptions and dining
- Filming and photography
- Day delegate rates
- Hire charges
- Room capacities
- Catering and suppliers
- Service quality
- Corporate event enquiry
- Community – Historic Hendon Project
The following FAQs apply to those schools who have booked a workshop at the Museum. If you are visiting on a self-guided visit please refer to our self-guided FAQs.
Come for a pre-visit!
- We would highly recommend coming for a pre-visit so that you can familiarise yourself with the Museum, the facilities and spaces you will be using. To book a pre-visit and for more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I need to book?
- You will need to book in order to receive school tickets for entry to the Museum (entry is free, but we currently operate a ticketed system)
- Once we have processed your booking, we will send you further information and your tickets for entry
- To book please fill out our schools online booking request form
What measures have you put in place due to Covid-19?
We have put the following measures in place:
- We are asking schools to book with us at least two weeks prior to your planned visit
- All visitors are asked to book in advance of visiting. This helps spread visitors out throughout the course of the day and avoids overcrowding
- Recommended routes in place throughout the site
- Hand sanitiser facilities available in each hangar
- Our front of house teams will all be wearing the required PPE
- Screens are in place at our entrance desk, in our shop and cafes
- Toilets will have additional cleaning/monitoring in place and are available in all hangars
- Visitors aged 11 and over are advised to wear face coverings in all indoor areas of the Museum including classroom spaces and during workshops to provide additional protection for both students and staff
Do you have parking and is there a car park charge?
- Coach and minibus parking is free for schools that have pre-booked. A charge applies for parking other vehicles
- Schools arriving by coach or minibus (pre-booked): If your school has booked to attend a schools’ workshops, you will be met in the car park by one of our volunteers who will note your coach or minibus number plate registration and will ensure you will receive free parking
Where do I go on arrival?
- Our volunteers will meet you once you’ve arrived at the Museum and we are
open to the public. If arriving by coach please stay on this where he/she will
meet you. If you’re coming via public transport please head straight to the
main entrance (Hangar 1) where he/she will meet you. Once they’ve
met you they will explain where to meet for your workshop and where lunch will
be. Then they will take you to where your bags and coats can be stored for the
Where can I find pre-visit resources, risk assessment etc?
Please see following links
- Site Map
- View available resource materials
- Click here for the risk assessment (includes onsite, online and Covid-19)
How can children get the most out of the workshop?
- Our workshops are designed to fit around your curriculum. Let us know on your booking form what your Learning Objectives are and speak to your presenter at the start of the workshop so they can pitch the workshop for you. For pre-and-post-visit resources to help you make the most of your workshop
What about us adults? How can we help?
- We are a team with many years experience working with children. We know that the best school visits are those where teachers are as engaged as their students. So please, put your mobiles out of sight, keep chat with colleagues to a minimum and get ready to enjoy yourself!
Where do I have lunch and do you have bag/coat storage?
- The location and timing of your lunch will be sent to you once the booking is confirmed. On the day of your visit our volunteer/s will take you to where bags and coats can be stored for the visit.
- We have limited storage so if possible please ask pupils to bring lunches in carrier bags as these take up less space and are easier to carry. We suggest that you avoid bringing any large or bulky items, unless they are necessary. We also have a café on site if you wish to purchase any refreshments. If the weather is good we have an outside picnic space.
- Please be aware that you may be subject to a bag check on your visit to the Museum. We appreciate your patience and understanding while these are taking place.
What can I do outside of my workshop?
- Outside of your workshop and lunch timings please do feel free to explore the Museum (we have six hangars to explore and lots of green space). It is important to note that pupils must be supervised at all times. Groups are welcome to make sketches of our aircraft, however we do ask that only dry media is used. Our resources pages may also help with ideas for additional things to do during your visit.
Is the Museum accessible to all?
- The Royal Air Force Museum London welcomes everyone and aims to ensure an enjoyable visit to all. We offer a wide range of facilities for visitors who require additional assistance during their visit.
- All parts of the Museum are accessible to wheelchair users. However, it is helpful if you notify us in advance so that necessary access arrangements can be made. Use this link for further information about accessibility.
How do I pay for my workshop/s?
- An invoice for your workshop/s will be sent out by our finance department after the visit has taken place.
Do you have a Museum shop?
- Our Museum shop can be found in Hangar 1. Screens have been fitted at paying points for the safety of our customers and staff.
How do I book for the simulator or 4D theatre?
- Please contact the shop for details of when these are likely to open: 020 8205 6867
- With the current Covid-19 situation, we understand that plans may change at the last minute. Therefore, should you need to cancel your booking, we will not charge a cancellation fee. However, if you fail to notify us of the cancellation, then a charge will be made as Museum staff will have been scheduled to be in the Museum specifically to deliver your workshop.
Any other queries?
- Please contact us on 020 8358 4896 or email us: email@example.com