- Plan your day
- Things to see and do
- What’s going on?
- Group visits
- Onsite and online workshops
- Self-guided visits
- School Booking Form
- School Resources
- Literacy and Numeracy Boosters
- Family Resources
- Little Swifts
- Special Events
- Home Education
- Venue hire
- Conference and exhibition
- Evening receptions and dining
- Filming and photography
- Day delegate rates
- Hire charges
- Room capacities
- Catering and suppliers
- Service quality
- Corporate event enquiry
- Our Local Community
From September 2021
We are offering our full schools programme, which includes onsite or online workshops.
We look forward to welcoming you – wherever and however you choose to join us!
At the Museum
Our onsite workshops are available term-time weekdays at 10.30am, 11.30am and 12.30pm. All sessions are suitable for classes of up to 30 pupils, unless otherwise stated.
Duration: 45-60 minutes
(Sky Writing and Pilot Skills, 75-90 minutes)
Cost: £60.00 per workshop per class
(Sky Writing and Pilot Skills, £90 per class)
(KS3 Science Show and KS3/4 Pilots of the Caribbean are £60.00 per class and can accommodate up to 5 classes in one performance)
If you would like to book any of our sessions, please use the online booking form.
See our FAQ page for details of cancellation policy.
Not able to visit the Museum? Why not try one of our online sessions?
What you need to know about our online sessions:
- Delivered by DBS checked staff from the Museum’s Access & Learning team
- Played direct into your nursery / classroom using Microsoft Teams ‘Meetings’ function. A link will be sent to your school / nursery email account and you simply need to click on it on the date and time you have selected. If you don’t have Microsoft Teams installed, this isn’t a problem. Click the link and it will open in your browser
- Requires one computer and screen per classroom, plus camera and microphone
- We are happy to run a tech-check with you in advance of the session
- Your class will be able to see Museum staff and interact with them in sessions where there is a live Q and A
- There may be other schools or classes attending the session. You can choose whether or not to turn your camera and microphone on or off at any point. Numbers are carefully controlled to ensure that each school / class has an opportunity to interact with the workshop facilitator
- Sessions will not be recorded (unless we explicitly request your permission e.g. for training purposes)
- Duration: 30-45 minutes (Pilots of the Caribbean – up to 1 hour)
- Cost: £30.00 per session per school (more than one class can participate)
Risk Assessment and Health and Safety Advice
The Museum is a public building and has Public Liability Insurance of £5 million.
The Museum buildings have a number of stairs, lifts and self-closing doors. Adult group leaders must remain with their students at all times to supervise their behaviour and safety.
Click here for the risk assessment (includes onsite, online and Covid-19)
The children loved it! It was excellently put together - interesting, informative and enjoyable. (Air Raid)