- Plan your day
- Things to see and do
- What’s going on?
- Group visits
- Onsite and online workshops
- Self-guided visits
- School Booking Form
- School Resources
- Literacy and Numeracy Boosters
- Family Resources
- Little Swifts
- Special Events for Schools
- Home Education
- Venue hire
- Conference and exhibition
- Evening receptions and dining
- Filming and photography
- Day delegate rates
- Hire charges
- Room capacities
- Catering and suppliers
- Service quality
- Corporate event enquiry
- Our Local Community
Self guided visits FAQs
The following FAQs are for those who are visiting the Museum on a self-guided visit. If you are visiting to take part in one of our workshops please refer to our booked workshops FAQs.
Do I need to book?
- You will need to book in order to receive school tickets for entry to the Museum (entry is free, but we currently operate a ticketed system)
- Once we have processed your booking, we will send you further information and your tickets for entry
- To book please fill out our schools online booking request form
Come for a pre-visit!
- We would highly recommend coming for a pre-visit so that you can familiarise yourself with the Museum and ask staff any questions you may have. To book a pre-visit and for more information please email email@example.com
What measures have you put in place due to Covid-19?
- We are asking schools to book with us at least two weeks prior to your planned visit
- All visitors are asked to book in advance of visiting. This helps spread visitors out throughout the course of the day and avoids overcrowding
- Hand sanitiser facilities available in each hangar
- Screens are in place at our entrance desk, in our shop and cafes
- Toilets will have additional cleaning/monitoring in place and are available in all hangars
- Visitors aged 11 and over are encouraged to wear face coverings in all indoor areas of the Museum including classroom spaces and during workshops to provide additional protection for both students and staff
Do you have parking and is there a car park charge?
- Coach and minibus parking is free for schools that have pre-booked. A charge applies for parking other vehicles.
- Schools arriving by coach or minibus (pre-booked):
- If your school is here for a self-guided visit, you or your driver will need to ask a member of staff for directions to door 19. Here you can log your vehicle registration details. This will void the car parking charge on exit from the car park.
Where do I go once we’ve arrived?
- Please head straight to the main entrance (Hangar 1 – H1) and enjoy your day!
Where can I find the Pre-visit resources, Risk Assessment etc?
Please see the following links
- Site map
- Click here for the risk assessment (includes onsite, online and Covid-19)
- View available resource materials
Where do I have lunch and do you have bag/coat storage?
- If we don’t have a school booked in to attend a workshop at the Museum, we would be happy to reserve the lunch space for your class (at a specified time and subject to availability)
- Sorry, but we are unable to offer bag storage to self-guided school groups.
What can we do whilst visiting the Museum?
- We have six large hangars to explore and a green open space. It is important to note that pupils must be supervised at all times.
- Groups are welcome to make sketches of our aircraft, however we do ask that only dry media is used. Our resources page may also help with ideas for additional things to do during your visit.
Is the Museum accessible to all?
- The Royal Air Force Museum London welcomes everyone and aims to ensure an enjoyable visit to all. We offer a wide range of facilities for visitors who require additional assistance during their visit.
- All parts of the Museum site are accessible to wheelchair users. Use this link for further information about accessibility.
Do you have a Museum shop?
- Our Museum shop can be found in Hangar 1. Screens have been fitted at paying points for the safety of our customers and staff
How do I book for the simulator or 4D theatre?
- Please contact the shop for details of when these are likely to open: 020 8205 6867
What is the Cancellation Policy?
- Please let us know as soon as possible, particularly if you were arriving by coach as this will free up spaces (no charge is incurred for self-guided visit cancellations)
Any other queries?
- Please contact us on 020 8358 4896 or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org