Engine - Blackburn Cirrus II
Transport & Training
After taking over the Cirrus-Hermes Engineering Company Limited in 1937, the first engine to be designed and built at the Blackburn works at Brough in Yorkshire, was the Cirrus Minor.
It was a four-cylinder, inverted, in-line air-cooled poppet-valve. The Blackburn Cirrus Minor II, 100hp, seen here was used in the Miles M65 Gemini and the M68 Boxcar
This engine is on loan from The Aerospace Museum Society