- Plan your day
- Things to see and do
- What’s going on?
- Group visits
- Schools and colleges
- Venue hire
Experience Tours at the RAF Museum Cosford
Let our experienced guides amaze you with two fascinating behind the barriers tours that explore over 100 years of the RAF.
Get up close and personal to our historic collection and learn all about our unique RAF stories and history of some of our most iconic aircraft. From the earliest days of flight, Spitfires protecting our skies during the Battle of Britain, to the soaring dominance of the Vulcan; each tour offers a fun and fulfilling experience for all.
Experience Tours will run on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11:00am and 2:00pm. Each tour last 60 minutes and limited to just 5 people. Tours must be booked online along with your admission ticket.
Our tours are suitable for adults and young people. We suggest a minimum age of 12 years.
Each tour can accommodate a maximum of 5 participants per session (plus one tour guide). Tickets can be purchased individually for £10.00. Alternatively, you may choose the ‘Exclusive ticket’ for £45.00 which will allow you to bring up to 5 people.
Pre-booking with an admission ticket is essential to guarantee your place.
If you have any special requirements or want to book a tour for a larger group, please contact our team on email@example.com or call 01902 376201 and we will do our best to accommodate you.
National Cold War Exhibition tour
A unique insight into the history of the Cold War and the RAF Museum’s Cold War exhibition. Explore the immense threat posed to world peace and security during this significant period of the 20th century. View our unique display including the V Bombers; the Vulcan, Victor and Valiant.
The tour will explain different highlights of the ideologies of both sides, the social history of the era, the technological achievements which evolved from the competition between East and West and the eventual dissolution of the Warsaw Pact resulting in the world we live in today.
War in the Air tour
This tour will take you through the history of the RAF, from the early days of flying in the RAF, the aircrafts and battles of WWI and WWII and into the more recent history of the RAF.
During this tour you will get close to a section of iconic First World War aircraft such as the Sopwith and personal letters from local pilots. You will be able to get close to the world’s oldest Spitfire in our War in the Air Hangar which houses a collection of both British and German aircraft from the Battle of Britain era. The Spitfire forms the centrepiece of a new display, where the RAF’s frontline fighters, the Spitfire, Hurricane, Gladiator and Defiant are face to face with their German rivals the Me 109 and Ju88, to tell a coherent story.
All tours will be run in line with the latest advice from the Government and Public Health Bodies. A number of precautions will be in place to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our visitors, volunteers and staff. These measures* include but are not limited to:
- A Covid-19 cleaning programme throughout the site to control the likelihood of cross contamination.
- Installation of hand sanitiser points throughout to the Museum in addition to the available hand washing facilities in toilets.
- Additional members of staff, social distancing markers, queue management systems and or/ barriers to control the number of individuals in any area at all times.
- Closed off areas or routes which we cannot effectively control
- Limit of 5 participants plus one tour guide per tour.
- Use of headsets and transmitters to enable social distancing. Headsets and transmitters are being sanitised before and after each use and will be quarantined for 24 hours after each use.
- Wearing face covering is mandatory in indoor spaces whilst on site.
- The RAF Museum reserves the right to cancel or reschedule tours if they cannot be delivered in line with the latest guidance.
* Measures may be subject to change