Code of conduct for our Social Media Networks:
The RAF Museum encourages people to share their opinion and experience and engage into the debates and discussions in our Social Media networks. We welcome the constructive criticism and constructive comments and respect the freedom of speech; however, we would kindly ask you to follow our outlined code of conduct to ensure that everyone has a positive experience when interacting with the Museum’s social media networks:
- Respect. Please respect all our visitors, avoid posting any hateful, defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive, or discriminatory comments. Any comments or posts that harass others or that could be deemed as offensive will be removed and the users who have posted them may also be blocked.
- Language. Please use appropriate language. Any comments that contain vulgar, obscene or indecent language or images will be removed and the users responsible may also be blocked.
- Corrections. We always appreciate your corrections of the facts in the content, but the rules of respect apply here as well. Any disrespectful comments will be removed and the users responsible may also be blocked.
- Privacy. Please do not post someone else’s personal details such as e-mail addresses, home addresses or phone numbers on our channels.
- Advertising. Please do not post comments that advertise or promote other organisations, businesses, goods, services or people. All comments used as advertising or promotional tools will be removed.
- Illegal activities. Please do not post material that advocates illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them. All such comments will be removed and the users responsible will be banned.
- Intellectual property. Please be aware that images, videos, texts and other creative content you are posting could be other people’s property, and subject to Intellectual Property Law, which you do not have a lawful right to share.
- Points of view.
We would like you to remember that the views expressed by any of our users
don’t necessarily reflect the RAF Museum’s position on a given subject.
The Museum reserves the right to remove any and all materials from its social media channels that contravene its guidelines, and reserves the right, where appropriate to ban an individual posting such comments from its pages.
We aim to monitor our main Social Media channels every day, but our core office hours are from Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 5.00pm excluding national holidays.
We aim to respond to all enquiries as quickly as possible, but please note that some enquiries can take longer to resolve particularly if posted to the Museum at weekends and on national holidays.