- Ways to give
- Make a donation
- Leaving a gift in your Will
- Corporate support
- Giving Circles
- Give from the US
- Get active and fundraise
- RAF Museum Midlands Development Programme
- Adopt an Artefact
- How your support helps
- Contact our fundraising team
- Volunteering at the RAF Museum
- Volunteering at the RAF Museum Midlands
- Volunteering at the RAF Museum London
- Volunteering remotely
- Volunteering at London
- Paul Dodson – Aircraft Access
- Mojgan Dizadji – ESOL conversation cafe
- Chris Fenwick – Vulcan and Cold War Guide
- Bethany Trober – Learning Host
- Sandra Soer – Vulcan and Cold War Guide
- Guy Thomas – Tour Guide
- Clare Lehovsky – Handling Collection volunteer
- Pavlos Kakoulli – Digitisation volunteer
- Guy Taylor – Library and Archives volunteer
- Catherine Davidson – Needleworker
- Jim Long and Cliff Colmer – Photo Archive
- Mary Doyle – Access Advisory Group
- Vicky Kerrigan – Large Objects Conservation Care
- Tim Stevenson – Small Objects Conservation Care
- Natasha Constantinou – Small Objects Conservation Care
- Tim Cosgrove – Large Objects Conservation Care
- Volunteering at Midlands
- Volunteering Remotely
- Volunteering: Frequently Ask Questions
Alan and Robin’s Walk-a-thon
Alan and Robin have started their epic walk-a-thon. At Cosford they were joined by CEO Maggie Appleton and the Mayor and Mayoress of Wolverhampton. Also joining Alan and Robin for the first leg of the walk is fellow Trustee Nick Sanders.
- Read Robin Southwell’s Blog about Day 1
- Read Alan Coppin’s Blog about Day 1
- Watch Robin Southwell’s Interview with BBC Radio Shropshire
Alan and Robin leave Solihull and walk 26 miles to Radbourn, Warwickshire.
Alan and Robin will be walking 31 miles to Winslow, Buckinghamshire. Today they will be joined by RAF Museum Chair of Trustees, Air Chief Marshal Sir Glenn Torpy.
Alan and Robin will be striding out some 26 miles today towards Hemel Hempstead in Buckinghamshire. Today’s route includes the canal from Aylesbury and will take in Berkhamstead and then Flaunden.
Alan and Robin covered some 16 miles to complete the walk-a-thon and reach their goal of 5 marathons in 5 days. They were joined on the last day by fellow Trustee Malcolm White.
Alan and Robin’s Walk-a-thon
Two of our Trustees set out on an epic walk-a-thon in aid of the RAF Museum Centenary Programme.
Alan and Robin will be walking 5 marathons in 5 days and you can support them by making a donation here.
Robin Southwell, Trustee of the RAF Museum said:
“We’re training hard to walk five marathons in five days and have raised nearly £27,000 so far. But we still need people’s support to help meet our target of £100,000 which will go towards modernising this world-class museum. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to mark the RAF’s 100th anniversary and it’s a privilege to raise funds.
“We’re grateful to the RAF for their huge support and accommodating us in officers’ messes and RAF Cosford’s physical training instructors for sending us off on our mission in style. We’d love people to come out and support us on the way.”
Track their progress via the map below and follow our Twitter Stream to see photographs.
Alan and Robin’s 5 Marathons in 5 Days is proudly sponsored by Shepherd Neame’s Spitfire Kentish Ale