The Spitfire Experience
Climb inside the Spitfire MK16 and take the pilot’s seat, learn about the aircraft and see what it would have been like to fly a Spitfire.
Sitting in the cockpit of a Spitfire is a once in a lifetime experience, to make sure you’re prepped for the day please take note of our access restrictions before purchasing your tickets:
- You must be physically fit to climb a small number of steps and lift your legs and full body weight into the cockpit
- Please wear trousers or shorts. Skirts and dresses may prevent or restrict access
- Please wear flat shoes with a good grip on them. Please note: we cannot allow the public access without appropriate footwear.
- You are more than welcome to take pictures once inside the cockpit – please come with a camera that can be zipped into a pocket or a camera with a strap
- Spitfire Cockpits are small - please see measurements below for your information.
- If the museum feels that it is not safe or possible for you to access the Spitfire MK16 cockpit then we reserve the right to refuse access. Please refer to the terms and conditions displayed at the Experience before purchasing your ticket.
This new experience is at 10.15 am - 4.30 pm March to October inclusive. Just turn up on the day and make your way to our Mark 16 Spitfire in Historic Hangars, where you will be able to book your time slot on the day.
£10 per person
All ticket sales help support the RAF Museum