Peace time meant there was no further demand for the extraordinary service provided by the ATA throughout the war.
From the 30th November 1945 the ATA formally ceased to exist. Only a small group of senior officers remained in order to ensure the organisation was wound up efficiently.
By the end of the year all contracts had been terminated.
A memorial to those lost in ATA service was unveiled in St Paul’s cathedral in 1950 even today the ATA’s flag hangs in White Waltham church.